Everyone wants to succeed in live. Even as a teenager, you can achieve in your live. It is really not that hard. Follow the steps below and successful teenage years will follow suit:
1 .DO WELL IN SCHOOL: No matter how boring it is now, education will help you to be a productive member in the society as it is the bedrock of human development. Strive for excellence in school; try your teachers, do your homework, study and get good grades. The Bible says: ’’Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established,’’ (Proverb 16:3). Doing so will help you get into a better College/University, which will enable you to get a great job in the future.
2. FIGURE OUT YOUR GOALS IN LIFE & WORK TOWARDS THEM: Start thinking about career you would like to be in, but make a good choice based on your interest and strength. This could be your job for the rest of your life. You can also wok towards non –career related goals, such as creating your own ideas, joining a team sport, etc .Challenge yourself and you’ll be surprised what you can accomplish.
3. DO NOT GET INTO ANY TROUBLE, LEGAL OR OTHERWISE: This can ruin ones future plans. Avoid the peer pressure and ditch the cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs. Beware of friends, ‘’ít is better to be alone than to be in an ill company.’’ Again, ‘’bad communication corrupts good manner.’’ Abide by the law and avoid ending up at the back of a police car. ‘He who walks in integrity will be delivered, but he who is perverse in his ways will fall into a pit,’ (Proverbs 28:18). If you are being pressured into anything, walk away.
4. BE NICE TO YOUR PARENTS & TEACHERS: “Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him.’ ’ Always remember that your parents and teachers are there to help you be the best that you can be. Respect them and value their opinions, even if they annoy you sometimes. Have it in your mind that they do these things because they care for you and want you to succeed in life. You do not get to choose your teachers or your family, but you still have to put up with them. Learn how to relate with people now because when you become an adult, you don’t get to choose your boss or your co-workers, so learn how to respect and be tolerant now.
5. HAVE GOOD FRIENDS TO HELP YOU OUT: Your friend makes you. An adage says: ‘’Show me your friend and I will know who you are.’’ Friends are there to support you and lift your spirit. Be with people who make you happy and ditch the ones who do not. Create a supportive group, loving friends that can help you succeed in life and fulfil your dreams. Find a few really good friends that will give you a positive influence.
6. GET ACTIVE: Join a sport team at school or out of school. Go for a run around in your neighbourhood. Always involve yourself in one exercise or the other because it makes you to be physically fit.
7. LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST: You are only young for a short time and before you know it you will be an adult that will be saying: ‘’ I wish I had done this when I was younger.’’ Plan your life as if you still have about one hundred and fifty (150) years more to live on this earth, but live your live as if you are going to meet with the Lord in the next few seconds. This means that we must all be ‘conscious of heaven.’
Above all, remember God your creator this day that you will fulfil your days ahead. The Bible says: ‘’But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well,’’ (Matt.6:32). Always read and meditate His word, let Bible be your standard. Psalm 119:105 says: ‘’Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.’’ A life without Christ is in crisis! I wish you all the good things that life has to offer in JESUS NAME.
Kindly share on social media and feel free to drop your comments below.
(C)2019 TemmyPhilz Blog. All Rights Reserved.