WHAT IS A COMPUTER VIRUS?
A Computer virus is a program that is written to intentionally harm your computer. Viruses are spread through email or other infected files, sometimes even from just visiting a web page.
HOW TO PREVENT A COMPUTER VIRUS
There are several things you can do to protect your Computer from a Computer virus:
- Install an anti-virus software on your computer and and keep it up-to-date.
- Do not open suspicious emails that have attachments or that come from people or organisations you do not know.
- Before downloading files in your Computer, be sure you know where the file is coming from and what it is.
- Always scan a file for viruses before downloading it.
- Adjust your internet browser settings so that it does not accept all cookies from all websites.
- Also be careful about downloading software, especially file sharing software, from the internet.
- Several programs exist to protect your computer from Spyware and Adware. Spybot Search Destroy and Adaware are two free programs that you use to scan your computer and remove spyware and adware. These programs can be downloaded free from the internet. You can also purchase progrms to protect your machine.